Hajj & Umrah Vaccine Service
One single Vaccine protects Meningoccocal (Groups A, C, W, & Y)
The vaccine is a compulsory requirement for any pilgrims attending the Hajj and Umrah Pilgrimage. A certificate of vaccination will now be required at visa application stage.
Colne Road Pharmacy has a team of Pharmacists highly trained and qualified professionals who will administer the vaccine and provide the certificate needed for Hajj and Umrah visa. All vaccinations are carried out in our Private Consultation Room
Working in partnership and recommended by the Muslim Council of Britain we are trusted to deliver this vital service to those travelling for the Umrah and/or Umrah Pilgrimage.
No prescription for the vaccine is required and the vaccine is NOT available through the NHS. This is a private vaccine service where a fee (£35.00) is payable to the pharmacy.
The vaccination Service is available throughout the year and appointments can be booked at short notice, please call the pharmacy for further information on 01282 423526
Our Pharmacists can vaccinate;
- Children from 5 years of age
- Pregnant Woman
- Large families at the same time
The vaccine has to be administered for a minimum of TEN DAYS before travel and the certificate will last for THREE YEARS
Certificate of vaccination now (since February 2015) needs to be submitted with visa applications at Saudi Embassy
The Cost of the Vaccine is £35 including signed Certificate of Vaccination.
Key Vaccine Information:
- Single vaccine
- Protection for FIVE years against meningococcal group A, C, W and Y
- Compulsory visa requirement for Hajj and Umrah Pilgrims by Saudi Arabia
- Likely side effects from the vaccine can be fever, soreness at the site of injection
- Risk of severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) – It is extremely rare and can happen within ten minutes of receiving the injection. Symptoms of anaphylaxis include fainting, shortness of breath, swelling of face and neck. Our Pharmacists are trained to handle an anaphylaxis reaction